Will Power

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cristiano Focused On Team Goals

Cristiano Ronaldo says he is not bothered about breaking George Best's goals' record, insisting he is more concerned with helping the team hold on to their Premier League crown.

The 22-year-old bagged his 23rd goal of the campaign in the 2-0 victory at Reading on Saturday and in turn equalled his tally for last season.

It also drew him ever closer to the 32-goal club record for a winger from Best. Ronaldo is flattered by the comparisons to the United legend, but says he remains fully focused on achieving team honours, rather than concentrating on personal milestones.

“It is a pleasure and a great compliment when people compare me to George Best. For me, Best was one of the most important players ever," he said after the win over Steve Coppell's men.

“If I break his record I’m happy but to be honest, I don’t care. The most important thing is for the team to win the title.

"I never imagined I would have 23 goals by January but the team are playing very well and my team-mates are creating many opportunities for me to score.

"Last season I scored 23 times. This time I want to score more. I just want to do my best and improve every year," he added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home