Will Power

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ronaldo Proud Of Awards Treble

Cristiano Ronaldo has spoken of his pride at scooping all three of the main prizes at the club's Player of the Year Awards ceremony on Sunday evening.

Just hours after collecting a Premier League winners' medal, the winger retained the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year and Players' Player of the Year gongs - and added the Goal of the Season award to his collection. He was understandably delighted by his own personal treble.

"It's a fantastic feeling. I didn't expect to win three awards," he admitted during his acceptance speech. "I'm very happy and I have to say thank you to the fans, my team-mates and everyone. It's a great night for me.

"The fans have been fantastic," added the 23-year-old, "not just to me but every player, singing all the time.

"This gives extra motivation to play better. The supporters help us all the time and I have to say thank you."

Attentions now turn to Moscow and Ronaldo is determined to add yet another trophy to his already bulging collection.

"We all want to win the Champions League. But you never know what will happen in a final - you have a 50/50 chance," he admitted. "I'm very happy and proud to be playing in a Champions League final for the first time.

"I'm very excited. We have a great opportunity to do the double and all the lads believe. We all want to win. So why not?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home