Will Power

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Vidic Proud Of Man. United Success

The success Nemanja Vidic has enjoyed at United has erased the self-doubts that plagued the start of his Old Trafford career.

The Serb admits he initially questioned his ability to adapt to Premier League football after arriving from Spartak Moscow on Christmas Day 2005.

But the 26-year-old has since become a mainstay in the starting line-up, helping the Reds win two Premier League titles and a Champions League.

“In truth, when I first arrived I found it hard and was not sure I could become a regular in the first team,” Vidic said.

“I asked myself if I could make it in this league and at this club. It’s important to learn how to play here. If I had played how I used to play, I would not have succeeded, so I had to adapt.

“The game is different here, the referees allow the game to be more physical. It’s not easy to come to England and play well straight away – you need a couple of months to settle.

“Now when I play, I feel proud of what I have achieved over the last few years. To play for United and win trophies is a big thing and I am proud to be part of this team.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home