Will Power

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Edwin In No Rush

Edwin van der Sar insists he is in no hurry to decide when he will bring down the curtain on his playing career.

The veteran goalkeeper has said he will review his position at the end of this year before deciding his future, but he insists this is not definitely his last season at United.

"You keep on going but, like I said, (I’ll look at the situation) in December," he said. "That’s what I’ve done for the last two years.

"I feel good with that and at the moment pre-season is almost over, so you can start playing the games week-in, week-out and I’m really looking forward to that. Then we’ll just see how long we keep going.

"I don’t want to put too much of a timeline on it or say too much about it. But as long as you’re fit and you enjoy it and the manager is happy and the players are happy that you’re there, that’s my main focus point."

The Dutchman ended his international career when Holland crashed out of Euro 2008, and he is hopeful that curtailing his Oranje association will prolong his playing days at United.

"Sometimes there’s a moment where you think it’s enough," he said. "I’ve quit the national team now because I gave everything I had for the national team and I can focus completely now on United. Hopefully that’s going to prolong my career this year or the year after."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home