Will Power

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tevez Deal Due Next Summer

Carlos Tevez admits he would sign a permanent contract now if it was put in front of him, but Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that the Argentina international will ink the deal at the end of the season.

Tevez is still on a loan contract, but the long-mooted permanent deal will be tied up at the end of the current campaign.

“As I understand it, it (a permanent deal) will happen at the end of the season,” said the Reds boss. “There is no doubt in my mind that Carlos will be here next season and signing the contract.”

Tevez says there is “no doubt” as to where his loyalties lie. “Ever since I first came here I would like to have signed a permanent contract,” he told reporters. “I had very happy season last year and I would be very happy if the chairman would put a permanent contract in front of me. I’d sign it without any doubt.”

Whether Tevez is on loan or a permanent, however, his focus is on winning more trophies at Old Trafford. Kicking off United’s defence of the Champions League with a victory over Villarreal would not only signal the team’s intentions in this season’s competition, it would be the right reaction to Saturday’s defeat to Liverpool.

“We have a very strong squad,” said Carlos. “We showed last season whenever we lost a game that we could come back stronger. That’s the reason why we won two titles last season. I think you will see a reaction from the players.

“It’s always important to win a trophy again, it shows your quality if you can defend the titles you win. We have the ability and the depth of squad to go and do that.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home