Will Power

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ronaldo In Confident Mood

Cristiano Ronaldo feels he would be a worthy winner of world football's top individual accolades for his performances this year.

The Ballon d'Or and Fifpro World Player of the Year awards are set to be dished out and, having plundered 42 goals last season as United claimed the Double, Ronaldo feels he has done enough to see off his competitors.

"Sincerely, yes, I'm confident," he told Gazetta dello Sport. "If you assess what I did over the course of the season, I think I did more than everyone. What else should I have done to win the Ballon d'Or and the Fifa award?"

Ronaldo has scored three goals in six starts this term, despite missing over a month of the season as he recovered from surgery on an ankle injury.

The winger revealed that he played through the pain barrier during the latter stages of last term, and Portugal's Euro 2008 campaign, but has no regrets at all.

"At times it was like having a knife in my ankle," he said. "I gritted my teeth. It was torture, also psychologically. I don't regret it. It was worth it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home