Will Power

Saturday, November 1, 2008

AFC Fylde Confirm Dream Friendly

Vodkat League side AFC Fylde will play in a pre-season friendly against Premier League and European champions Manchester United next summer.

The fixture was agreed between United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Fylde boss Mick Fuller at the Football Writers Association awards in Manchester.

"I was astounded when he turned round and he offered us a friendly," said a delighted Fuller.

"It's a fabulous gesture and it's something we're looking forward to.

" He added: "I joked that we were looking for a friendly when I picked up my award earlier.
"It goes to show that if you don't ask, you don't get.


"I spoke to him after the event to thank him. I really didn't expect it but we are now in contact with Manchester United."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home