Will Power

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Fans Ask, Gary Neville Answers

The club captain responds to supporters' questions...

Will you go into management when you stop playing? - Andrew, Didsbury
I’m not sure. I’m doing my coaching badges now with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Giggsy. It’s something that, when you do them, you do get a buzz about being out there on the training ground. But I’m not sure at this stage, I really want to concentrate on my playing career and whatever comes after that… who knows?

Who's the best - Maradona or Pele? And why? - Bazza, Manchester
Pele. Just for the way in which he looked after himself and the way he has been an ambassador to the game. He has led an almost faultless life in that sense, so for that reason I’d choose Pele.

Do you miss having your brother Phil at the club? - Phil, Manchester
Sometimes... but I miss all the lads like Butty, Becks, Ben Thornley and Chris Casper. They were great years when we were coming through and seven or eight of us were playing together for so long. But you move on and new young players come through. We’ve got Anderson, Nani, Rafael and Rodrigo Possebon now coming through the ranks. It’s important that the club always moves on. It’s like a conveyor belt, some players fall off the end. Thankfully I’m still hanging on! But young players are so important to this club, they’re the heartbeat of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home