Will Power

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fans Ask, Berbatov Answers

MUTV recently gave United fans the chance to put their questions to Dimitar Berbatov. Here are the Bulgarian's answers...

How do you stay so composed on the ball when you're under pressure?Salim, Sweden
I don't know... this is just who I am. It's important to stay focused and cool and maybe don't show your emotion. You need to show that you are fully concentrated on the game. Inside I know what I am going through in moments during important games, but I don't like to show much emotion. I just stay focused on my game and I think it works.

What's the best thing about life at Manchester United?Clare, Belfast
That's a good question... you can't really explain what it's like unless you experience it yourself. This is the biggest club in the city and the world! From the moment I stepped foot in the place everyone has treated me so well from the players to the staff working with the team. I have my goals and my dreams and this is the place where I can fulfil them.

Does it frustrate you when commentators say your name wrong? I am Bulgarian and have a pretty good idea how it should be pronounced!San Jose, California
It's not just the commentators [who get my surname wrong], some people get my first name wrong too! They call me Dimitri, which is a Russian name and I am Bulgarian. It's pretty frustrating at times because I really like my name so I have to correct people. It would be good once in a while if the commentators got it right!

What do you miss most about your home country?Morgan, Trafford
I don't think I'll be the first player who plays outside their home country to say that, of course, you really miss your family and friends, and somtimes you don't see them for months. That can be difficult. But I've played away from Bulgaria for over ten years now and I'm used to it now. I know that some day I will be back in my country so I won't complain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home