Will Power

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Nani: I Will Step Up

As United are linked with a host of new signings to replace the outgoing Cristiano Ronaldo, Reds winger Nani is confident of rediscovering his best form and showing his true value.

The former Sporting Lisbon winger is certain Ronaldo will be a success at the Santiago Bernabeu, and he is similarly confident of stepping up to the plate in his countryman's absence.

"He has been doing an excellent job so I think he deserves it," Nani told Portuguese news agency IOL. "It is a fantastic amount, excellent and fair value for what he has done. Real Madrid are a great club and will be good for him.

"I think I can have more opportunities now. Cristiano was very important to Manchester but now I can show my value and they will gamble more on me."

Nani struggled to replicate the impressive form of his maiden campaign last term, but has still made 72 appearances and scored 10 goals since arriving from Portugal in the summer of 2007.