Will Power

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gibson Agrees New Deal

Darron Gibson has agreed a three-year contract extension at Old Trafford and is aiming to challenge for regular first-team involvement.

The new deal keeps the 21-year-old Republic of Ireland international at the club until at least June 2012.

"I am very happy to commit my future to United," Darron told ManUtd.com.

"Last season I enjoyed every opportunity and when I got my chance I wanted to prove what I could do. I hope to continue that this season."

Gibson made 14 appearances for the Reds last season, playing an integral part in United's Carling Cup triumph. He also scored three goals, including an outstanding long-distance effort against Hull City on the final day of the league season.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Gibson expects even more from the Irish central midfielder this season.

"Darron was one of the young players who emerged last season as a United first-team player," he told us.

"His appearance ratio did not really reflect the high regard in which we hold him, as he has constantly worked hard to challenge for a first team spot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home