Will Power

Monday, August 30, 2010

Nani's Perfect Riposte

Nani will be far happier after a Man of the Match, goalscoring display in a 3-0 win over West Ham than he was last Sunday evening after a missed penalty and a 2-2 draw at Fulham.

The Portuguese winger was outstanding at Old Trafford and showed that he was unaffected by his missed spot-kick.

“We always enjoy ourselves when we’re scoring,” Nani told MUTV. “We had a draw last week and we were focused on getting the win. We played some good stuff and we won, so we’re happy. We could have scored a couple more goals, but the result is good for us.

“I was so excited to score my goal. I’ve missed a few opportunities so I was really hungry to get my goal. I was really happy to score and I want to continue to get goals to help the team. I want to push on this season, and I’ve been really looking forward to it. That’s why I’m working so hard.”

The Reds now go on international duty, but Nani insists it was important that, after last weekend’s dropped points, United remained in touch with Chelsea.

“Chelsea and the other teams are doing well, so we need to keep up with them,” the winger said. “We have to keep up with Chelsea. If they win, we have to win as well. We don’t want to lose any points, so that is why we are working hard to win every game.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home