Will Power

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Nani: I'm Living The Dream

It's not just Manchester-born first-teamers who dreamt of playing for the Reds as youngsters. Portuguese winger Nani has revealed he visited Old Trafford before he joined United and sat in the dressing room daring to dream he would one day earn his own place there.

In an exclusive interview with Inside United, the 23-year-old tells of his trip to M16 as a youngster and looks back on how far he has come since.

"I came with my friend and we did the tour of the museum and the stadium," explains to the monthly magazine, out now. "I remember sitting in the first-team dressing room and both of us saying ‘wow, this is Ronaldo’s place’ and ‘this is where Rooney and Giggs sit'!

"We sat there and said ‘imagine what it would be like to be part of this dressing room one day,’…and then two years later I was here. It was a great feeling when I signed."

Nani talks in-depth about his emergence as one of the key men for United in 2010, and how he is enjoying his football and feels at home in Manchester and at United.

"The life here is very nice," he adds, "but the best things for me are being able to play football every day for such a great club and having the opportunity to win trophies each season.

"I’ve learnt a lot in my time here - I'm older, more experienced and I have more confidence. It's my fourth season at the club and it feels like this is home now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home