Will Power

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Nani Pledges More Goals

Nani grabbed his fourth goal of the season to secure victory over Bursaspor on Wednesday night, and he’s pledged there are plenty more where that came from.

The Portuguese winger’s goal after seven minutes against Turkey’s champions is further proof that he is now less about potential, more about potency. Nani is adding a handful of goals to a fistful of assists to become an increasingly influential force in the team – and his confidence, naturally, is up.

“It’s a great feeling,” he said of helping to clinch three important Champions League points for the Reds.

But rather than chasing personal glory, he’s seeking collective triumphs. “I’ve scored a few goals this season and I want to score more,” he told MUTV. “I am working hard every day to be strong and more consistent. But mostly I hope my performances are important to the team. The most important thing is that the team wins.”

Nani has continued the impressive end to the 2009/10 campaign by racing out of the blocks in 2010/11. “I wanted to score more goals this season. I don’t want to set myself any targets. I don’t want to say anything about that – I just want to work hard and see how well I do by the end of the season.”

United are now in a commanding position in Group C – top and two points clear of second-placed Rangers – and Nani is keen to kick on and wrap up qualification to the knockout stages with a win in Turkey in two weeks’ time. “We have been doing well in the Champions League,” he added. “We haven’t lost a game and we’re in a very good position now. We are looking forward to the next game and we want to win it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home