Will Power

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kiko Braced For Action

Federico Macheda hopes his late strike at Aston Villa will be the catalyst for more minutes on the pitch this season.

The young Italian, thrown on as a second-half substitute, scored an 18-yard screamer on 81 minutes to inspire a dramatic comeback at Villa Park.

Despite United’s late charge, though, the game ended 2-2 and Sir Alex’s men registered a seventh league draw of the season.

Macheda, who netted in even more dramatic circumstances against Villa on his Reds debut in 2008, was thrilled to have played a part in the Reds’ latest late revival.

“Aston Villa seem to be my lucky team,” he told MUTV on Saturday. “I scored against them on my debut and now again today. It was a good goal.

“I love to score goals and I was the last striker in the team without a goal this season. Now I’ve scored one and I’m happy to have helped the team to come back from 2-0 down.

“I hope I get a few more chances now. But it’s not easy for me. I’m the youngest of five strikers at the club and in the next week or so Wayne Rooney and Michael Owen may come back. I just hope the manager picks me for his next game and I score again.”

Macheda’s personal joy at finding the net for the fourth time in his United career was married with disappointment after the Reds yet again dropped points away from home.

“A draw is better than losing but we are Manchester United,” he added.

“Obviously we want to win every game. So we’re disappointed, even with the late draw. We came here to win the game and get as near as possible to Chelsea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home