Will Power

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Anders Is Left Wanting More

Anders Lindegaard has already acclimatised to the high standards expected at Old Trafford and he branded United’s 1-0 FA Cup fifth round win over Crawley Town as “not good enough”.

The Danish goalkeeper was handed his second start for the Reds – his first at Old Trafford – and although he wasn’t required to make many saves, he was at the sharp end of a late spell of pressure from the non-league visitors.

“Crawley did a great job,” Anders told MUTV. “It’s a cup match and I’ve heard from the manager in the last few days that in the FA Cup anything can happen. This match was evidence of that. With a bit more luck, Crawley could have scored.

“In an FA Cup match with the score at 1-0, the end of the game is bound to be hectic. But we dealt with it and we are happy with the win, even though it wasn’t pretty. We just have to forget this match and move on. We didn’t do well and we should get the level much higher for the rest of the season. This wasn’t good enough.”

That said, the 26-year-old keeper was pleased to play his first game at Old Trafford. “It felt very good,” he said. “You ask yourself how you will do, and I felt good. I felt confident. I felt I was in the right mindset. So it was a good experience.

“It’s the same when I played against Southampton, it’s a big match. It may be against a lower division team but it gives you a taste for more. As I said after my first match, I’m not here to pick my nose. I’m here because I want to play and in that sense I’m no different to anyone else.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home