Will Power

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Nani Still Sore At Carragher

Nani has revealed he has still not forgiven Jamie Carragher for the challenge that saw him stretchered off the pitch in March.

The Portugal international was left writhing in pain following the high tackle during Manchester United's 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at Anfield.

Carragher was not sent off for a challenge that marked the second time Nani claims the Liverpool defender has caused him an injury.

Despite making a speed recovery in time to feature in United's Champions League victory over Marseille on Tuesday night, the 24-year-old is still raging at the defender.

"I don't know what Carragher was thinking but I do know what he did was not football," said Nani.

"He came to apologise after the game. But I was not happy.

"It is the second time he injured me. Before, he put me out of the game for two months. He always tackles like that.

"I don't want protection. I just want the referees to be fair. If it is a red card, they have to give it. If they give the card, the next time the player doesn't make the tackle."

Nani was quickly up to remonstrate after the challenge, yet crumpled back to the floor before realising the extent of his injury.

With the size of the wound that had opened, the winger admitted he thought his season had come to an end there and then.

"When I saw my leg for the first time, I thought my season was finished. That is why I was crying," he added.

"Afterwards, the doctor saw my leg and said I had been lucky because it just needed stitches and I would be out for two or three weeks. He is surprised that I could recover even quicker."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home