Will Power

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vidic Seeks Improvement

Nemanja Vidic says he's still striving for perfection, despite being nominated by his fellow pros for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.

The Serbian has been terrific at the heart of United's defence this term, a colossus constant in an ever-changing back four.

Whether or not he'll pip Spurs' Gareth Bale and Rafael van der Vaart, Arsenal's Samir Nasri, West Ham's Scott Parker, Blackpool's Charlie Adam and City's Carlos Tevez to the crown remains to be seen, but one thing's certain: Vida isn't about to rest on his laurels.

“If you look at last season or the season before, we conceded less goals than this side has,” he says, “so it's hard as a defender to feel better about my form now than I did then.

“I always want to improve my game and find mistakes – my goal is to never be happy with my game. When I start to be happy with my game, I won't improve anymore. Generally, though, it's not been a bad season.”

For his part, Vida says Nasri and Bale have impressed him this season, as well as United team-mate Nani, who isn't among the seven nominees.

“These are the players who I think have been consistently good this season.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home