Will Power

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gary Neville Launches Fans' HQ


Former Reds captain Gary Neville has confirmed he will put some of the proceeds from his testimonial match towards a proposed new building for United supporters close to Old Trafford.

Located just off Sir Matt Busby Way and adjacent to the Manchester Ship Canal, the exciting new development would be able to accommodate up to 1,500 fans on matchday and is a vision Neville has had for some time.

“I always thought that if I was ever lucky enough to have a testimonial I wanted to create something special for the fans,” explained Gary.

“That something for me was a place where the fans could meet and share their love and passion for Manchester United. A place for the fans to call their own, to congregate and meet with like-minded people. A place to talk and breathe all things football."

"The fans have supported me throughout my career and hold a special place for me, so this is my way of showing my appreciation for all those years of support. This project really excites me, it epitomises the essence of being a fan.”

Neville hopes the building will be open for business at the start of the 2013/14 season and while this remains a private venture for the Reds legend, he has the full support of United.

“This is a very exciting project and the club wishes Gary every success with it,” said Michael Bolingbroke, United's chief operating officer.

“The location will give fans a great view of their favourite stadium and the design of the building will greatly enhance the skyline of the area."

More of the testimonial proceeds will go towards two other projects Gary is supporting.

“I’m going to do something for the Manchester United Supporters’ branch in Malta because they’re very close to my heart and there will be some sustainable projects announced in the next couple of days as well," added Gary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home