Will Power

Monday, May 23, 2011

Vidic: We Won't Stop At 19


United may have won a record 19th league title but skipper Nemanja Vidic insists the Reds won’t stop there.

Speaking after Sunday’s trophy lift at Old Trafford, the Serbian told MUTV that captaining the Reds to league success this season was “a great feeling”. But Vidic wants to taste victory again and again.

“This has been our main target: to win the league and to go above Liverpool,” he said. “But we won’t stop now. We want to improve and get better.

“I was very proud when I was given the captaincy and, I have to say, I’m enjoying this role. But at the end of the year, if you don’t lift the trophy it’s not a great feeling. I’m very glad we’ve won the trophy this year, especially because it’s such an important trophy.”

Vidic admits his time at Old Trafford – he signed on Christmas Day 2005 – has been “a dream” and says the club continues to go from strength to strength.

“To be honest, since I’ve arrived every year has got better and better. It’s amazing. I’ve been here five years and we’ve won the league four times and played in three Champions League finals.

“It’s a dream and to be part of this team, this club, is amazing. We’re getting better and better.”