Will Power

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Berbatov: I'll Remain At United

Dimitar Berbatov has vowed to remain at Manchester United next season.


The 30-year-old forward, who was left out of United’s matchday squad for the Champions League final against Barcelona, admits the Wembley omission was painful. But in an interview in Bulgaria the striker quashed speculation suggesting he left the stadium before the match and is now seeking an Old Trafford exit.

"To be honest, I was in the dressing room,” he told Bulgarian newspaper 24 Chasa. “I watched the final from there.

“This was embarrassing for me – that I was not included in the group. I didn't want people to see the pain in my eyes," he said.

Berbatov, who arrived at Old Trafford in September 2008 for a club-record fee, has one year left on his current contract. He’s already been linked with a host of clubs – both in England and abroad – but insists he’s going nowhere.

"I will remain at United,” the striker said. “I will fight for my place and I will fight for title number 20.

“If I was a man who gave up easily, I would never be here in the first place. Starting July 4, everything begins all over again – my personal fight to be in the first team, and for United to win more titles.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home