Will Power

Friday, July 15, 2011

Macheda: I Have Grown Up

Federico Macheda claims he has learned from the experience of a disappointing loan spell at Sampdoria.

The Italy Under-21 international scored twice in the 4-1 beating of New England Revolution and looked sharp, showing he has a liking for playing in the United States after impressing on tour in 2010.

Although the temporary stint in Genoa failed to work out as Samp were relegated from Serie A, the youngster showed no ill effects with his first display since returning to Manchester.

"At the start, I played and did well as well," he told MUTV when asked about the loan move. "I scored a goal but then the manager didn't choose me for the 11 starters and I had a difficult time.

"I didn't play really a lot but it's an experience, you know. I've learned a lot from that experience. It makes me a better player and a better man, the bad experience makes you grow up.

"When I came back here, the first day in training, I really realised that Manchester United is the best club in the world. When you see the other teams, you can see the difference so I'm really, really happy.

"I enjoyed it. I've been training hard and now I hope to keep going like that. I hope to score more in the coming games and the USA seems to bring love to me."

When asked about his future by the Press Association, he replied: "I am young. I have to work really hard because there is great competition here.

"They are all champions. If the manager gives me a chance, I will be ready to prove myself.

"I have not spoken to the manager. He has told me to keep training hard but we haven't really spoken about the future yet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home