Will Power

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Diouf's First-team Goal

Mame Biram Diouf hopes his flying start for the Reserves this term will lead to more opportunities in the first team.

The Senegalese striker hit a brace in the second string’s 6-0 win over Swansea on Thursday, having also scored in the season-opening defeat to Arsenal.

As one of seven strikers in the first-team squad, Diouf knows he needs to continue to work hard if he is to add to his six appearances for Sir Alex’s side.

“Football is always a competition but hopefully I'll get more opportunities, more games and more experience,” he told MUTV.

“Being at United is a wonderful thing and being one of the seven strikers is only going to help me learn. It's always good to play alongside Rooney, Welbeck or Berbatov.

“I've got two Reserves games under my belt now, I'm working hard and focusing on the next game, so I can be ready for whenever I get the chance in the first team.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home