Will Power

Friday, September 30, 2011

Park To Reap The Benefits

Ji-sung Park admits that he will feel the benefits of international retirement when the Reds take on Liverpool at Anfield on 15 October.

United have a fortnight's break between Saturday's fixture with Norwich and the trip to Merseyside but a number of players will be away with their respective countries.

However, Park called time on his South Korea career earlier this year and will be fresh and raring to go when he takes on a team he has enjoyed success against in the past.

Speaking during an exclusive ManUtd.com webchat, he said: "I don't need to travel too far away now during the season. When there is an international break, I can stay and train in Manchester, this makes me fresher for the next game.

"It's a long season and the international matches meant I had to travel long distances. Now I can save my health physically. I think it's quite a big thing for me at my age."

Park's diving header against Liverpool in March, 2010, the winner that took United back to the top of the table, is his personal favourite goal of his career.

"My most memorable goal is maybe the winning goal against Liverpool or the one against Chelsea, both at Old Trafford," he explained. "One of those goals would be my best. Actually, with the one against Chelsea in the Champions League, even if we had drawn the match, we would have got through. So I'll choose the Liverpool goal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home