Will Power

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nani Praises Reds' Response

Nani thinks United provided the perfect response to the European exit by putting Wolves to the sword at Old Trafford.

Last season's Players' Player of the Year was outstanding and scored twice in a Barclays Premier League fixture for the first time as the Black Country outfit were beaten 4-1.

In this sort of form, the winger is a nightmare proposition for defenders and, after swelling his goals tally in the league to five this season, there is hope he'll continue to dazzle throughout the festive period.

"I think we had a fantastic performance," he enthused to MUTV. "Everyone played well and I think everyone wanted to win this game. It's the way we normally play, who we are and, of course, it was a fantastic afternoon with a lot of goals. Everyone is happy with the game.

"It's been tough. We know we always go the final stages of the Champions League and we're used to qualifying easily through the groups, so this time it's disappointing.

"We did not expect to go to the Europa League but we are still alive and still have the opportunity to play like today. We just have to do our best to win the competitions we are in.

"Of course, the last game [v Basel] was a bad moment but I think we responded very well with this game today and I hope we keep doing the same until the finish of the season."

In terms of his own form, Nani was pleased with his contribution to the convincing victory as he also assisted Wayne Rooney's first strike.

"It's always nice to score goals and help the team win the game," he explained. "It's important for the team I'm on my best form and I'm happy with my performance. I've been working hard to try and be at my best as then I can help the team.

"I enjoy playing everywhere - the most important thing is my contribution to the team is the best. I will always try to show the quality I have. I just want to score goals, enjoy my football and win the games."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home