Will Power

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pogba's Chief Ambition

Paul Pogba is driven by one goal - to become a first-team regular at United.

The promising midfielder has had a taste of senior action in the Carling Cup and admits he is hungry for more chances to impress Sir Alex. After returning to top form in the Reserves' 4-0 win against Liverpool, the youngster has his eyes firmly fixed on stepping up a level again in 2012.

"It's very good [here]," he told MUTV. "I'm getting in the first team and I enjoy it a lot. I have to carry on and try to play more games.

"[My debut at] Leeds was a great feeling. I played away, in a derby as well, and came on for Ryan Giggs. I thought: 'Okay, now is a good chance to prove myself and to show them what I can do'. We won that game and it was a very good feeling.

"I told myself I've just tasted it, now I want to eat it - I want all the cake now! I want to play, work hard and do my best to get in the first-team squad."

Pogba aspires to making a real mark at Old Trafford, following in the footsteps of many of his fellow countrymen - such as Eric Cantona, Fabien Barthez and Patrice Evra.

"I think you grow up a lot at United," he admitted. "I came from France. I'm here and I know what I want to do. I just want to be a first-team player, a great player here and that's it. I want to play with the first team."