Will Power

Monday, March 19, 2012

Evans Breaks Duck


Jonny Evans has admitted his delight and relief at finally getting off the mark in a United shirt.

The centre-back has been in splendid form at the other end of the pitch but came up for a Wayne Rooney corner to open the scoring at Wolves and set the champions on the way to a 5-0 success.

After going 118 games without scoring, he told MUTV: "Yeah, that [stat] doesn't sound too good! I'm just delighted with the goal.

"Michael Carrick put it on a plate for me really. There's no point me having a celebration [planned]. I just ran off and a few of the lads were laughing at the expression on my face. It was pure relief and a bit of shock really.

"I've kept the shirt today and that will do for me."

Evans also heaped praise on team-mate Antonio Valencia, who produced an outstanding perfomance on the right wing.

"He's been superb all season," enthused the defender. "He's been unbelievable actually. He's got everything his locker.

"Him coming back was probably a bit of a gamble in terms of the fact he's been out for a month or two but he's such a hard worker, I'm sure he's kept himself in really good shape."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home