Will Power

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Danny's Dream Closer

Danny Welbeck’s dream of winning a Premier League title drew nearer on Sunday afternoon as Manchester United took apart Aston Villa at Old Trafford.

The Reds won 4-0, with Welbeck grabbing the game’s second just before half-time. The 21-year-old was particularly delighted to find the net given it was only his second goal in his last 14 appearances.

“I definitely want to get amongst the goals and it’s been a few games since I got my last one,” he told MUTV. “But the main thing is getting three points in every game I play in. That gets us closer to the title. I would like to score more goals, though.

“It was a good result for the team and we’re looking forward to getting the next three points now, because those are going to be important.”

The Reds, having boasted an eight-point lead seven days ago, kicked off against Aston Villa just two points ahead of Manchester City.
But Welbeck dismissed the notion that pressure was mounting on United in the title race.

“We know every game’s going to be tight, but come kick-off we just want to get the three points. Getting three points is a necessity for us.

“[Winning the title] would mean so much to me. Words don’t describe it. I’m really, really hungry for this title and I’d do anything to get it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home