Will Power

Monday, May 21, 2012

Berbatov: My Time Is Up

Dimitar Berbatov admits he has no choice but to quit Manchester United as he no longer feels valued at Old Trafford.

The talented striker is expected to move on over the summer despite the club taking up an extra year's option on the Bulgarian's contract in March.

Sir Alex Ferguson concedes a player of Berbatov's ability deserves to be playing more regularly having slipped behind Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez in the pecking order.

Berbatov remains a popular figure in Manchester but having made just 21 appearances last term concedes his future lies elsewhere.

"My time at Manchester United is running out," he told bTV on Sunday. "I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.

"I think I did well in the few opportunities that I received. But I am a little frustrated by the way this happened, I do not think I deserved it."

Berbatov claims he was persistently offered reassurances from Sir Alex Ferguson over his future during the campaign but now no longer seeks such placatory talks.

"I've talked 10 times or even more with the manager and he always told me there would be a place for me in the team. But after that I continued to stay on the bench," he added.

"But I have dignity and I stopped going to such meetings, it is clear that I'm leaving United. It's obvious that I have to leave.

"I'm looking for a new place now... I know I can still play at the highest level."

The classy 31-year-old has been linked with a number of sides since making known his possible availability but one club he will not be joining is United's neighbours across the city.

"I would never join Man City, I am a loyal person after all," he said. "I had the opportunity to sign for City in the past, but I chose United."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home