Will Power

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Büttner's No. Confirmed


Alexander Büttner will wear the number 28 shirt for Manchester United after completing his move to Old Trafford earlier this week.

The 23-year-old defender was unveiled to the media at Carrington this morning (Friday). Büttner said: "I feel good. It’s a dream for me to play for a big club like United. I can’t wait to play for the team and let people see what I can do. I know I have to wait for my chance. I can learn so much from Patrice and I cannot wait to play with him. It’s a nice club and everyone has helped me settle in."

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We’ve been monitoring Alex for a while. He’s a straightforward, attacking, quick full-back who will be a terrific addition to our squad. Patrice Evra has played an average of 48 games a season for the last five years, an incredible statistic. He's still a fit lad but he is in his 30s now and Alex gives us good back-up. He will provide Patrice with a good challenge."

Come in, number 28

Alexander Buttner
Position: Defender
Number: 28
Born: 11 February 1989
Birthplace: Doetinchem
Former club: Vitesse Arnhem
Joined United: 21 August 2012

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home