Will Power

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Evra: Time To Shine


The United left-back sits down with ManUtd.com to discuss the season so far, a challenging few weeks ahead and his goalscoring competition with Anderson…

With a busy schedule of games between now and the end of the year, does it feel like we’ve entered a really important stage of the season?
Of course. Now I think this is a really important time of big moments. There are important games coming up and we need to show our best. I think we started to do that at Newcastle but now we need to make sure we continue to do our job. It’s going to be a busy few weeks with a lot of important games and now is the time when we need to show what we can do and win every game.

Chelsea are leading the way at the top of the league, but no-one has been able to establish a big gap. Are you surprised?
I’m not surprised because I think the Premier League is a difficult league. You can see that already this season. It’s not only about United and City this season – Chelsea are top at the moment, Tottenham are doing well and there's also Arsenal. And I’m sure Liverpool will come back strongly before the end of the season. The Premier League is not an easy league – this is why everyone wants to play in this league.

Is the current squad the strongest you’ve known at United? The manager could play two strong XIs couldn’t he?
Definitely. The manager could pick two XIs. There is great competition for every place and you have to work hard in training and every game because you know you might be on the bench or in the stands for the next game. This is Manchester United – it’s good for everyone because you’re under pressure to perform every day.

On a personal note, have you been pleased with your form this season?
I feel very good this season. I’ve had some good results with United and also some good ones with my national team so I’m happy. I just want to keep playing, maintain my form, defend well and, why not, score some more goals!

Tell us about the goalscoring competition you and Anderson have going on. He told us that you said if he scores 12 goals you’ll give him some presents…
[Laughs] Yes, it’s true! If he scores 12 I have to give him a big present. I’m happy for him and created this competition for the benefit of the team. If he scores 11 goals and we win the league I’ll be happy, but not 12 because then I have to give him a present!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home