Will Power

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Chicha Targets The Treble

Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez has outlined his desire to win the treble after helping Manchester United progress to the FA Cup fifth round with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Fulham.

The Mexican striker bagged a brace of goals against the Cottagers and looked sharp throughout, taking his tally for the season to 14 whilst helping the Reds advance in a competition that has not been won since 2004 – a fact that has been often mentioned at Old Trafford this season.

“I don’t want to say it was comfortable because I want to respect Fulham,” Chicharito told MUTV. “They came here against a difficult team but we are very happy because we scored four goals and got through in the cup. All of the people should know we can win this competition, as well as the title and Champions League.

“It is almost ten years now since we last won this cup. The gaffer, my teammates and I want to win the cup. Of course, we have a lot of hunger to do it and not get distracted in the league and the Champions League.

“The most important thing for me right now is to win the treble. We have a chance in the FA Cup and now we have two games in the league. After that there is the international break, another league game and then Real Madrid, so we have a very good calendar and we are looking forward to it.

“We want to win all three - we want to win the treble. That is in our minds, we need to think game by game and then get the points in the league and get through in both cup competitions.”

After netting his second goal of the match via a heavy deflection, Chicharito parted ways with his usually reserved celebration to complete a brief yet amusing dance as a tribute to a watching friend – but as the Mexican admits, he wanted to check the goal was definitely his first.

“I was speaking with the referee after I scored the goal and asked if this one was mine because at Aston Villa they took away my goal. I am always looking for the famous hat-trick but, like I always say, we won 4-1 and I scored twice so I am very pleased.

“My best friend is here. We used to play together and do that dance when both scored. In Chivas, there were two players who celebrated like that and when we were in the youth team we celebrated like that too. He was here visiting me so that’s why I did it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home