Will Power

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Focus On... Macheda

MUTV's regular feature on United's younger players puts Federico Macheda under the spotlight...

First kicked a ball..
I think I was seven. My dad took me to a football club and I started to play there.

Signed for United..
I'd just started and couldn't believe it because I thought it was fake talk. So I'd started to play for my team and then the scout had been calling me from Manchester United and I started to realise it was real.

Footballing idol?
It was Marco van Basten, the striker from AC Milan. When I was young, my dad used to show me his clips from when he was playing. So he was my idol. I think he was maybe the best striker ever, for me.

Strengths..
Well, I think I'm strong and a technical player. I can finish as a striker so I think that's my strengths in football.

Favourite footballing moment?
Of course, the day of my debut. It was brilliant for me. The week before, the manager said to me I had a chance to go on the bench. Of course, I was young and happy but didn't believe it as well. I said I can't be on the bench but I didn't know who was injured and suspended. I played a game for the Reserves and scored three goals and, that Sunday, I was on the bench. I didn't think I'd go on the pitch that day because I thought I was just making up the numbers with all the strikers missing. Then he called me and I couldn't believe it. I was on the pitch and it happened as it happened!

Career ambitions..
Of course, I want to become a top footballer. That's my dream and nobody can stop me. I want to achieve lots of stuff in football even if I know it won't be easy.

What do you love about football?
I think the supporters. The atmosphere in the stadium in the big games, stuff like this. I love training as well with your team-mates. We're always laughing in the changing room and it's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home