Will Power

Monday, February 18, 2013

Lindegaard Still Wants To Be Manchester United's No.1 Keeper

Anders Lindegaard remains determined to fulfil his dream of being Manchester United's first-choice goalkeeper, but believes his time at Old Trafford has been a 'success'.

The Denmark international joined United from Aalesunds just over two years ago and he has made 24 appearances for the Premier League leaders.

However, he has featured only once since the 4-3 defeat at Reading in early December due to a combination of injury and the improving form of David de Gea.

The 28-year-old is still enjoying his United career and retains optimism that he can dislodge De Gea to become Sir Alex Ferguson's No.1 on a regular basis.

"I certainly feel that my time here has been a success," Lindegaard told Jyllands-Posten.

"I joined as a small fish in a big pond and you have to be very strong not to get lost in that environment.

"I've had spells where I've been first-choice goalkeeper, which far exceeded my expectations, but that does not mean I am satisfied.

"Personally, I feel that I still haven't achieved my dream at United.

"I want to be a regular in the team, playing every time and delivering in the big games. That's my objective, and I've only partially fulfilled that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home