Will Power

Sunday, March 31, 2013

RVP Chasing Silverware

Robin van Persie is determined to recapture that winning feeling with Manchester United and end his personal trophy drought.

The Dutchman took the decision to leave Arsenal for Old Trafford last summer after going seven years at the Emirates without a major title.

He felt that a move to United would offer him greater opportunity to compete for silverware, and that decision has been justified.

The Red Devils remain on course for a Premier League and FA Cup double, and Van Persie cannot wait to toast another success.

He said: "Not winning a trophy has caused me a lot of pain.

"With Rio (Ferdinand), I spoke about the length of time I have been without winning a trophy. Rio said he knew how I felt. It took him a similar period before he started winning things.

"He told me it drove him bonkers at times. Then he said: 'Once you've got that first big trophy in your hands, Robin, you get the taste of winning. That is the moment you want to keep winning titles. You want lots more in your career.

"Rio also told me that once I win that first league title, I won't settle for less. Anything less will not be good enough. Rio had to wait a long time in his career and look what he's won since."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home