Will Power

Friday, March 22, 2013

Young Wants Injury-free Run

Ashley Young is striving for an injury-free run to the end of the season.

The Manchester United winger has been frustrated by spells on the sidelines this term and hurt his knee in the win against Liverpool in a crunching challenge with Dan Agger back in January. A similarly robust tackle with Reading's Garath McCleary led to his substitution in the last Barclays Premier League outing.

However, the 27-year-old linked up with the England squad as planned and is hoping that he can play a big part in the run-in for the Reds.

"It's been very frustrating as a player when you're injured and seeing the other players training every day," he told MUTV's Inside Carrington programme. "It's where you want to be, not in the gym every day. You want to get yourself outside.

"For me, the injuries have been very disappointing and I just wanted to get myself back fit. Fingers crossed, from now until the end of the season, I can stay injury-free and get a run in the team."

Young is not a great watcher of matches from the stands and prefers to be in the thick of the action.

"I am a bad watcher," he admitted. "Anybody who has been sat next to me knows I'm not a good one to watch games. As long as I keep myself fit and stay in the team, I'm better off doing that than watching the games."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't leave your website before suggesting that I actually enjoyed the standard information a person supply to your visitors? Is going to be back steadily to investigate cross-check new posts

My page - golf courses for sale in ohio

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there and thank you for your information –
I've certainly picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise some technical points using this site, since I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining,
but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score
if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am
adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective fascinating content.
Make sure you update this again very soon.

My web-site :: takemassageclasses.com

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home