Will Power

Friday, May 31, 2013

Exclusive Interview: De Gea

David De Gea was interviewed for Old Trafford's 12th Man - the official newsletter for all season-ticket holders..

What do you like best about playing in the English Premier League?
Playing for United, one of the greatest clubs in the world, is always a source of pride to me. Every time I pull the shirt on, I'm pulling on the history of this club.

How do you like to relax away from football?
I spend time at home, with my family. I watch a lot of films and like to play video games with my friends. Normal stuff, really, but I'm not in my house all the time. I often go shopping, go for a walk and go into the city centre. I put the subtitles on for English films so I can distinguish better what they're saying, which helps improve my English.

How often do you get together with your family and friends?
Well, I relax with my family a lot. I go out with friends, go bowling, have a meal. I relax and have a good time.

If you weren't a footballer what would you be?
All I can remember is wanting to be a footballer. It's all I've ever wanted to do and it's hard for me to even consider doing anything else. I guess if football wasn't an option, I would have concentrated a bit harder at school and put my mind to my studies. I would probably have gone to university and tried to attain a degree related to sport. I also enjoyed history at school, learning about important dates and events.

As a young boy, how did you first get involved with football?
I played with my father from a very young age. The first thing I remember is playing football in my home our outside. It was all I did! I joined Atletico Madrid's Academy when I was young.

I was around five or six years old and just a small boy.

Goalkeepers sometimes score goals. Although you've never scored a goal professionally, have you ever scored in a match as a goalkeeper?
Not as a keeper but, as a youngster, I played as an outfield player. I was a forward and scored lots of goals but eventually settled on being a goalkeeper. I think I've always liked to pass the ball and dribble - in the Spain under-age teams, I used to practise with the ball at my feet. And, at a club like United, it's important to be able to support the team in every way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home