Will Power

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Henriquez Feels At Home

Angelo Henriquez has stressed to MUTV that he is starting to feel at home at Manchester United.

The young Chilean scored his first senior Reds goal during his debut in Stockholm against AIK Fotboll and also hit the net in the Under-21s' 4-0 success at West Brom. After ending last term on loan at Wigan Athletic, the centre-forward is keen for more opportunities to prove his worth.

"It's always important for strikers to score to give you confidence," he said after the game at The Hawthorns. "I'm feeling physically very well and did a good pre-season. I'm getting more minutes in the Reserves and I want some minutes in the first team.

"I must keep improving, keep working and am looking forward to getting in the first team - always. At first, it was a bit hard [here] but now I'm getting used to everything, like the weather and language. My team-mates received me very well and I'm very comfortable here. It feels like home.

"This season, I just need to play a lot of games and keep improving, be fit and keep scoring goals for the season. I hope to score a lot of goals."

Henriquez is also helping fellow South American Guillermo Varela to settle in to life in Manchester.

"He was like me when I'd just arrived," explained the former Universidad de Chile hitman. "He doesn't speak English and it's a bit harder for him but he's doing well on the pitch and that's the most important thing.

"I try to help him a lot but my English is not very good. I do my best!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home