Will Power

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Chicha Eyes Winning Run

Javier Hernandez wants Manchester United to embark on a winning run following Saturday’s dramatic come-from-behind win over Stoke City.

The Mexican latched onto Patrice Evra’s cross to head the Reds to victory at Old Trafford, where goals from Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney also contributed to a fine comeback against the Potters.

Such a result has boosted confidence at the Theatre of Dreams and Chicharito is now determined to harness that energy ahead of Tuesday’s Capital One Cup clash with Norwich City.

“I enjoyed it a lot because I helped the team and we got the three points because now we have won two games at home and that was the main goal that we had,” Chicha told MUTV.

“We have another game against Norwich here at Old Trafford, we want to get through in the Capital One Cup and keep winning. We want to win and win and win. Hopefully, we can do that.”

Of course, since joining United in the summer of 2010, Chicharito has become known as something as a super sub, a reputation that has been enhanced by Saturday’s later winner against Stoke.

When asked for the secret to impressing off the bench, the Reds hero was typically professional: “A lot of people say it is luck, other people say it is through hard work.

"For me, I will do my best if I play for one or 90 minutes. Every player in the world wants to start all of the games and play for 90 minutes, but I am very respectful with my teammates and all of the fans, who treat me very well.

“I am desperate to play for minutes but that is a decision for the gaffer. I want to speak on the pitch, like I did today, and in the other games that I start. Hopefully I can get more minutes.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home