Will Power

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fletcher Fields Fan Questions

Fit-again Darren Fletcher is now among United's top 50 appearance-makers of all time. In this interview, he recalls the first of his 320 matches so far and answers other questions from our @ManUtd Twitter followers...

Which felt better: your United debut or your first game back after illness? Gareth Mooney
My debut. I know coming back from illness was a big moment, but I always knew I would, whereas making your debut is the result of years of hard work from not just you. It’s from your family, schoolteachers, every coach you’ve ever had… I left home at the age of 15 to come to Manchester, got my head down, worked hard and eventually made my debut. That’s not a guarantee that you’re going to be a United player or even a professional footballer, but it’s a starting point, a taste of it and you want it more and more.


Who is the best midfielder you have ever faced? Aditya Anugraha
I’ve got to go back to Kaka, when AC Milan beat us in the (2007) Champions League semi-final. It’s a close one between him and Clarence Seedorf, they were both fantastic in the second leg but over the tie I think Kaka was the difference between the two sides. That night in the San Siro was him at the peak of his powers, before he went to Real Madrid and picked up a knee injury. At the time he was the best player in the world.

Would you consider becoming a manager? Mubeen Mbdulla Deen
I have thought about it. It’s something that does appeal to me, but whether I know what I’d be letting myself in for or not is a different thing altogether! I’ve done a few of my coaching badges – that was one of the things I was able to do during my illness – and although I’ve not fully decided, it’s something that I think I would like to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home