Will Power

Monday, January 27, 2014

Rooney Link-up Excites Mata

Juan Mata is enthusiastic about linking up with Wayne Rooney for the first time, a player he describes as one of England's all-time greats.

Manchester United's new record buy trained alongside the striker ahead of the visit of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's Cardiff City on Tuesday and is hoping for the chance to strike up a combination on the pitch.

"I can't wait to play alongside him," enthused Mata. "For me, he's one of the best players in the history of this country. He can score, he can assist and he can come deep to the midfield to take the ball.

"I think I'll enjoy playing alongside him. I'll try to connect with him as much as I can. I'll try to find gaps as I think that's my best kind of play - to try to assist the strikers."

Meanwhile, David Moyes stressed there is no official news on Wayne Rooney's contract talks, following reports that the striker is willing to commit his long-term future to United.

"I've left that to Ed [Woodward] and Wayne and his advisors," explained Moyes. "We'll give you an update at the right time. The right time to speak about Wayne's contract is at that time - whenever that comes around. If you want to talk about his performances, I can do. But I can't talk to you about both of them [his contract and performances] together."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home