Will Power

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mata Delight At Maiden Strike


Manchester United's record signing Juan Mata capped a fine personal display with a well-taken goal against Aston Villa at Old Trafford on Saturday.

With the Reds already 2-1 up, United's playmaker-in-chief struck to secure a two-goal cushion just before the hour mark. It was his first for the club and afterwards he spoke to MUTV, expressing his glee after scoring for his new club in the 4-1 triumph.

“It feels very good, it's taken a few games but today was the day," the Spaniard commented. "I felt that it was coming and, thankfully, it was today. I feel very happy and very grateful to the fans who were supporting me in the game today.

"I will try to score as many as I can between now and the end of the season and hopefully it is the first of many in my Manchester United career."

Mata also moved to praise fellow goalscorer Wayne Rooney, not just for his contribution in front of goal, but also his all-round importance to this United side.

"He's doing very well for us, scores almost every game and is so passionate about playing for this club," Mata added. "I'm very happy for him and hopefully he can keep scoring until the end of the season."

"I really enjoyed linking up with him as we had spaces to play between their lines. I really like to play with him because he is top striker - he does everything up front."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home