Will Power

Friday, March 28, 2014

Welbeck Answers Junior Reds


Manchester United striker Danny Welbeck answers questions that were posted by Junior Reds in the Family Stand at Old Trafford...


What schools did you go to and who was your most inspirational teacher? Joseph Deegan
I went to Manchester Road Primary School and then moved on to Trinity Church of England High School in Hulme. Like most kids, my PE teacher was my favourite. His name was Mr Westmoreland and he was very inspirational, encouraging me to chase my dream of becoming a footballer. Other teachers would say ‘not everybody makes it as a professional’ but I was determined and nothing was going to get in my way. Thankfully, I achieved my dream of playing for United.

Who has the best banter in the changing room? Rio Stuttard
I would have to say Rio Ferdinand because he has great banter and is always up to no good in the dressing room, playing pranks on other players and messing around. Patrice Evra and Darren Fletcher are also great characters to have around the club and they’re great for team morale. Both are experienced players and command lots of respect too. I think they’ve earned the right to take the mickey out of us younger players – but I give it back as well, don’t worry.

Who is the toughest defender to get past in training? Ben Sapora
Wow, that is not an easy question to answer because we’ve got loads of top defenders at the club. But in all seriousness, I would have to say Chris Smalling is the most difficult to get past in training. He’s one of our fastest players and can rival most of the forwards for pace. He also reads the game really well and is always in the right place at the right time, clearing up any danger. I’m just glad that I get to play with him for both United and England. I’d hate to play against him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home