Will Power

Friday, April 25, 2014

Giggs Proud To Have Chance To Manage Manchester United

Ryan Giggs says being given the chance to manage Manchester United goes down as 'the proudest moment of my life'.

Giggs will take charge of United for the first time on Saturday against Norwich after being handed interim control of the team when David Moyes was sacked on Tuesday.

The Wales international has been with United since the age of 14, making more than 1,000 senior appearances, and the club has helped him become the most decorated player in English football history.

Giggs spoke with the media on Friday for the first time since he was appointed, and he said: "I'd just like to say how proud I am to be managing for the remaining four games the club I've supported all my life and been associated with for 26 years.

"I've got to say this is the proudest moment of my life. The club has been the biggest part of my life since I was 14.

"I'm proud, happy, a little bit nervous, but just like I am as a player, I can't wait for the game on Saturday.

"I can't wait for 5.30 tomorrow when we walk out at Old Trafford. I know the place will be rocking. I've told the players 'I trust you and I know what you're capable of. Go out there and show it'.

"When Ed (Woodward) asked me to look after the team for the remaining four games, I had no hesitation in saying yes.

"This is something I am going to enjoy for, what, two and a half weeks and bring back some smiles to faces of the fans.

"The players have looked really good in training this week, they are all excited as well. Everyone's looking sharp and I've just said to them 'enjoy yourself, give the fans something to smile about in these four games'.

"It's been a frustrating season and we want to end the season on a high.

"I'd like to put on record my thanks to David (Moyes) for giving me my first chance in coaching. It's something I will always remember when he rang me in the summer and asked me to come on board."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home