Will Power

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Shaw: I'm Here To Win Trophies


Luke Shaw says the lure of winning trophies convinced him to join Manchester United, the club he describes as “the biggest in the world”.
The 18-year-old England international has signed from Southampton and is now looking forward to working with new manager Louis van Gaal. Speaking exclusively to MUTV, Shaw explained how it feels to have finally signed on the dotted line at Old Trafford.

“It’s a great feeling," said Shaw. "It’s been going quite a long time and I’ve known for a number of weeks that United were interested in me. I was hoping it might have been done before the World Cup but it wasn’t and now I’m finally here, getting it done. I’m very pleased and can’t believe it has happened.

“Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and is always going to be up there with the best. I think the main reason I’ve come here is because United want to win trophies and so do I. As a young lad, I aspired to win trophies.”

Shaw will now compete with Patrice Evra for the left-back berth and the teenager can’t wait to meet the Frenchman: “I’m really excited to be working with him. He’s been one of the best left-backs in the league for the last few years now and it’s something that I’m looking forward to, to be training with him. Hopefully, I can learn a lot from him.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home