Will Power

Monday, July 28, 2014

Young Eyes Evra's Dressing Room DJ Role

Ashley Young was sad to see Patrice Evra leave Manchester United but admits he’ll jump at the chance to take over dressing-room DJ duties from the Frenchman.

Young and his Reds team-mates caught up with Patrice last week in Los Angeles, where the left-back was on holiday before joining his new side Juventus.

“It was really nice to see him,” Young told ManUtd.com. “It was a nice touch for him to be able to come and say goodbye.

“He was fantastic for the club, a great servant, a great leader and a great person both on and off the field. I’ve got my fingers crossed for him that he can do as well for Juventus as he did for United.”

In recent years, Evra had been largely responsible for the pre and post-match music selection inside the dressing room at Old Trafford. So with the Frenchman no longer at United, Young says he's keen to fill the vacancy.

“To be honest, I don’t think I even need to put my name forward for it!” Ashley said. “My name should automatically be on the list. In fact, it should have been there even when Pat was at the club!

“I’m confident I can do the job, but we’ll have to wait to see what happens on that front.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home