Will Power

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Who's In Shaw's 5-a-side Team?

Luke Shaw reveals who scored the best goal he's seen in training and which Reds team-mates would join him in his ideal 5-a-side team...

What is your favourite part of training?
The quick and sharp games like five versus five and six versus six.

Who would join you in your ideal 5-a-side team?
Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie. Someone at the back with me so I’d go with Marcos Rojo and then someone else for the midfield - it would have to be Marouane Fellaini.

There has been a debate over who is the fastest player at the club – Ashley Young thought it could be you but who would you nominate?
Antonio Valencia, maybe. I think it’s me, Antonio or Angel Di Maria.

Have you been working on anything specific in the gym?
I do work a lot on power with my legs and do a lot of leg weights. Obviously, I focus on the upper body as well and a lot of core work too – you do different things in the gym.

Do you use any technology to analyse your performances in training?
Sometimes, when you go in afterwards you have a good think about the session and stuff like that but I mainly concentrate on working as hard as I can in the session.

Who scored the best goal you have ever seen in training?
I think I’ll say Angel Di Maria’s goal in the first few weeks after he joined the club. It was from outside of the box, with his right foot and he smashed it into the corner. That is probably the best goal I have seen so far.

What is the best goal you have ever scored in training?
There aren’t many contenders really! I can’t really remember any amazing goals. Obviously, I score with the odd shot along the floor or something like that will go in but I’ve not hit an unbelievable goal yet. I’m sure next time you ask me, I’ll have one. I hope so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home