Will Power

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Herrera Will Be Stronger Next Season

Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera has spoken of his satisfaction at recording his best-ever goals return for a season, but insists he is determined to come back stronger next term.

The Spaniard has netted eight goals during his debut campaign, one of which was a contender for Goal of the Season in the FA Cup win at Yeovil Town.

Herrera says the United fans helped him “feel unbelievable” throughout his first year in Manchester and he insists his second season will be all about continuing to grow and improve as a player.

“I came to a massive club and everyone has made me feel like I am at home, so I am very grateful to everyone,” he told MUTV. “I can only say our supporters are fantastic, they have made me feel unbelievable. When we did not play so good, they were supporting us so I am thankful for that.

“It has been a tough season, a lot of change at the club and a lot of change in the squad, but I am happy with my development. Of course I have to keep improving and keep going, but eight goals for a midfielder is a good stat. I am an ambitious player so I want to keep improving. There are 25 players in the squad and I have to fight a lot if I want to play.”

Herrera revealed he will spend the majority of his time off in the summer back in his homeland and he believes being back amongst family and friends will help ensure he is raring to go again in 2015/16.

“I think I will stay at home in Spain because I miss my town, my people and my family. I want to be stronger next season so I think if I am with my friends and my family then they will make me feel stronger,” he added.

“Finishing in the top four was the first aim we had, but we are Man United and we have to fight for everything. I think we are looking forward to next season, I think we are going to play much better than this season and I am excited for it to begin.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home