Will Power

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Boss: I Will Do My Best For The Fans

Louis van Gaal insists he will do everything in his power to bring success to the club and happiness to Manchester United’s “unbelievable” fans.

The Reds boss was holding his press conference ahead of Saturday’s trip to Crystal Palace when he was asked about criticism in the media following the team’s Capital One Cup exit in midweek. Van Gaal insisted he is not affected by what is said externally and says his only focus is on doing his best for the club and the fans.

“I usually use Dutch expressions, but you have one here: 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me'. Fantastic expression!” said the manager.

“I know that if I lose and lose then I will be finished, I know that. But I shall do everything for this club and these fans, who are unbelievable.

“Last year we had 13 points from 10 games and now these fans see that we have 20 points out of ten and that we were in the next round of the Capital One Cup [compared to last season] and we are in the Champions League. Last year it was not like this. Last year we had 15 injuries. Okay, after Wednesday's game we have more injuries, but we had three at the most [before that].

“We are improving a lot, but it is a process, it takes three years, which is why I signed for three years."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home