Will Power

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Louis van Gaal Says He Could Quit Himself

Louis van Gaal admitted his job is becoming "more difficult" after Manchester United's 2-0 defeat at Stoke and suggested he could decide to walk out.

The under-pressure Dutchman has seen his side drop out of the Premier League's top four and out of the Champions League, and they suffered a fourth successive defeat on Boxing Day - the first time for United within a single season for 54 years.

United are now seven games without a win in all competitions, and the 64-year-old was in sombre mood at the Britannia Stadium with his 17-month tenure at Old Trafford hanging in the balance.

When asked if he still had the support from the club's hierarchy, Van Gaal told the media: "I can also quit by myself. That is something I speak to [executive vice-chairman] Ed Woodward about by himself - not with you.

"It is not always...the club has to fire or sack me. Sometimes I do it by myself. I am the one who wants to speak first with the board of Manchester United and with my members of staff and players - and not with you."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home